Eintracht Frankfurt is clashing with Rangers beginning on 18 May 2022 at 19:00 UTC at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan arena, Seville city, Spain. The match is a piece of the UEFA Europa League.
Eintracht Frankfurt clash with Rangers at Seville’s Estadio Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán in the 2021/22 UEFA Europa League last hoping to separately turn into the main victors of the opposition from Germany and Scotland.
• The two clubs are each offering to win a second European prize. Officers lifted the European Cup Winners’ Cup in 1972, beating Dynamo Moscow 3-2 in the last in Barcelona, and Frankfurt asserted the UEFA Cup in 1980 thanks to an away objectives accomplishment against individual Bundesliga club Borussia Mönchengladbach (2-3 a, 1-0 h).
• While Eintracht have proactively won two times this season in Spain, where they have never lost in five visits, Rangers have disposed of two German clubs on the way to the last.
• Eintracht started off their 2021/22 European mission in the UEFA Europa League bunch stage and go into the last undefeated after 12 matches. They finished off Group D in the fall with 12 focuses in front of Olympiacos, Fenerbahçe and Antwerp to qualify straightforwardly for the round of 16, where they wiped out Real Betis after additional time (2-1 a, 1-1 h). They then, at that point, asserted one more Spanish scalp in the quarter-last, taking out Barcelona with a vital 3-2 triumph in the Camp Nou following another 1-1 attract Frankfurt, prior to winning both semi-last legs against West Ham United (2-1 a, 1-0 h).
• Officers’ 19-match 2021/22 European mission started in the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round, however they spent the fall in UEFA Europa League Group A, where they wrapped as sprinters up to Lyon with a game in excess in front of Sparta Praha and Brøndby. They then, at that point, disposed of Borussia Dortmund 6-4 on total in the knockout round end of the season games (4-2 a, 2-2 h) and Crvena zvezda 4-2 in the round of 16 (3-0 h, 1-2 a) preceding upsetting 1-0 away losses in both the quarter-last, against Braga, and the semi-last, against Leipzig, with blending second-leg 3-1 successes at Ibrox.
• The clubs have been matched together once already in European rivalry, Frankfurt extensively beating Rangers in the semi-last of the 1959/60 European Cup when they followed a 6-1 home win with a 6-3 second-leg triumph at Ibrox, Alfred Pfaff scoring two times in the two games. Paul Osswald’s side got back to Glasgow for the last, which they lost 7-3 at Hampden Park to Real Madrid.
• Frankfurt’s just other UEFA challenge with Scottish resistance was against Aberdeen in the first round of their victorious 1979/80 UEFA Cup crusade – a tie they won 2-1 on total when a 1-0 home win followed a 1-1 attract Glasgow. Their general record against Scottish groups in UEFA knockout ties is in this way W2 L0.
• Interestingly, this is Rangers’ 52nd UEFA match against German resistance – by a wide margin the biggest number they have played against a solitary country. Their record in the past 51 is W18 D15 L18 and remembers a loss for their main other last against a German club, Bayern München beating them 1-0 after additional time in the 1967 European Cup Winners’ Cup decider in Nuremberg. The Scottish side’s record in knockout ties against German rivals is currently W10 L11 on account of total triumphs this season against both Dortmund and Leipzig.